Flooring is one of the best features in the home and office that actually completes the look that has been desired. It is in this regard that a varied range of choices can be made in terms of the floors that can be chosen. One of the main flooring options that can be chosen is hardwood flooring. While carpets, vinyl and ceramic tiles are the other used options due to the ease and durability of the system, for the grandeur and the looks that can be provided, is through the choice of the hardwood flooring.
It may be noted that the choice of the hardwood floor may be the determining factor for the durability and the longevity of the flooring but actually the installation of the flooring and the expertise that is used to install the floor makes the major difference. The installation steps that are applied are also directly related to the care of the flooring. One cannot just install the floor and forget about it. There has to be a regular caretaking that needs to be applied.
One of the major problems that can arise in the hardwood floors is the “Squeaking” of the floor. This is a very common flooring issue that is not immediately noticeable and arises when the installation that has not been proper stays for a long time and with the regular use and wear and tear the floor starts to squeak. There are many times that is squeaking of the floor may also be limited to a certain area and not the entire floor. Squeaking of the floor is the problem where in the floor makes a squeaking sound when you step over it.
(Related Article – How to Avoid Wood Floor Cupping)
The main reason of a squeaking floor is basically the air traps in the floor. Every time the person steps on the floor, the weight of the footstep would lend pressure to the floor, where in the air that is trapped beneath the floor escapes and the sound is made. This naturally means that is either a gap under the floor or in between the different blocks and pieces that have been assembled together that makes the floor squeak. While it can be irritating for some, the squeaky floors can also be very disturbing especially at night when the squeaks seem to resonate. Here are some tips that can help you avoid the squeaky floors and maintain a good quality of the floor:
- Always hire a professional when it comes to floor installations. Apart from the expertise that an installer would have, they also have the complete set of tools and equipment that is needed to install the floor properly.
- Make sure that the hardwood that has to be installed has been dried properly so that it is not bent in any place.
- The temperature and humidity of the environment also impact the installation where in it is necessary to ensure that the weather is just right for the installation.
- The corners, edges and creaks in the hardwood floor need to be properly filled in and sealed to avoid any air traps in the flooring.
- Once the planks have been laid, a pressure machine should be used to remove the air that may have been trapped in while they were being laid.
It is highly recommended that you get an expert to do the job for you. Pittsburgh Hardwood Flooring experts are just what you need. With the right pricing quotes and the best expertise, the flooring needs to be prim and proper; a job that they are experts at.